Tuesday 1 October 2013

274/365 Tuesday on the run 5K by Big Kev

274/365 Tuesday on the run 5K by Big Kev

Wow where did that day go, it seems that only a few days ago I had the opportunity to finish work at a reasonable hour and be home just in time to get out for a daylight run. It is now clear that has moment has well and truly passed. I knew today was going to be busy and that I would have to make plans for another lunchtime run, which I did. But, I already miss the closure to a day that a run in the daylight after work brings. It would signal the end of the working day and the start of the family evening. However with the darkness already here when I arrive home and the house so warm, friendly and inviting, all I want to do is kick back and relax. Be this with my loved ones, either on the sofa or via Skype the darkness just makes it so hard to leave them. I do feel that this is truly going to be the dark part of this challenge where mind over matter will be the deciding factor!

The run today is a repeat of the route from yesterday, but with a little more urgency added to it. The rain clouds were very foreboding and so I needed no more encouragement than them to get the job done!

I am looking forward to the Cardiff half on Sunday and the legs are feeling fine from the weekend, so I think I will keep the distances down this week to stay as fresh as I can for the weekend.

As I said to someone today, "I have been running for 274 days, consecutively" and they replied "what, 274 days without a rest?" They are in essence the same thing, but the latter did bring it home to me, as a days rest would be so nice, I just have to wait 91 days for it!

A final note to say thank you very much to all my new sponsors you are all pushing the total higher, thank you so much it does keep me going. We are all doing a good thing.

Please invite all your facebook friends and family to like the page 'Big Kevs run365challenge' page as this seems to be the best way in which we can all get the word out there, thanks

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment