Thursday 10 October 2013

283/365 It was actually too dark on the trails. 5K by Big Kev

283/365 It was actually too dark on the trails. 5K by Big Kev

Today was a far better organised day than yesterday. A well rounded day at work and then a pleasant journey home that didn't take too long, lined up a good evening run.

What I had not really paid enough attention to though was the increasing gloom. When I entered the house I had a mental picture in my head of the trails bathed in the setting sun and the dappled light filtering through the leaves creating the long autumn shadows at the end of the day.

However what I didn't really appreciate was the sun had already set, and by the time I got to the end of the mansion driveway it was dark, not just dust, dark!

I have though throughout this year built up a very strong mental map of my favourite trail run and I used it thoroughly tonight. With all the senses firing at full tilt, I was amazed at how comfortable and easy I could continue to run in the dark. I was able to keep the pace up and surprised myself when I got home inside of 22 minutes.

I am reaching the real sharp end of this challenge now and I am keen to share as much of this experience as possible with as many people as I can. So once again, can I ask that you share the links and invite all your facebook friends to join the www.facebook.com/bigkevsrun365challenge page. All of those who know me and follow me understand why I am doing this, sorry not why I am doing this, but who I am trying to help by doing this!

So please keep on sharing and inviting and together we can help Macmillan and get our 365 runners for New Years Eve (check out the events button on the facebook page)

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment