Thursday 10 October 2013

282/365 A long list of calamities 5K by Big Kev

282/365 A long list of calamities 5K by Big Kev

The very fact that I am posting this a day late will perhaps give you some idea of how yesterday didn't quite go to plan. I could cover this in detail, but I think a list might sum it up better. It all started when I got up, however I will start my list from when I get home from work. I will give you the what should have happened and then what actually happened:

Change into running kit ready for club run after dark and put on running watch and reflective bib
Changed in to kit but forget to put on reflective bib

Pack and check bag to include Will's medal from Sunday's Cardiff Half Marathon and spare GPS watch.
Pick up bag, ignore the medal on the desk and just walk straight out the door.

Take the route to the club that avoids the road works.
Ignore the brain and head straight into the road works, idiot!

Get to the club in plenty of time
Turn up with 2 minutes to spare, turn on GPS watch and realise its not charged, Arrrrrrrrrgh

Don't panic you have a spare GPS watch packed in your kit bag in the truck.
You took the spare watch out prior to Sunday's race and hence the reason you needed to check your bag before you left the house, are you for real!

Right the expletives have started and I need to start a fresh and this ladies and gents sums up my day! Time to go home and start again.

Well, I got home put on my spare watch and got out on the road with my reflective bib on. Just too many lessons to be learned from today's series of unfortunate events. I will reflect on this day for many days to come.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment