Friday 18 October 2013

291/365 A lunchtime loop 5K by Big Kev

291/365 A lunchtime loop 5K by Big Kev

So the next big milestone is in sight, 9 more runs until the massive 300!!!!!!

Yesterday was very poignant for me as a couple of people independently said, I was an inspiration to them, I did thank them humbly and yet they have been the ones who are inspirations to me. You know who you are, so again thank you

I see this challenge as more determination than inspiration, don't get me wrong I have had some real aha moments, however they are far outweighed by the don't give up now moments.

So you all have a call to action tonight. I want to officially announce the logistic for the 'End of the Road' run on New Years Eve. After a lot of thought I will be offering two routes to the participants on New Years Eve. The first will be the infamous Ashton Court parkrun route which will allow me to complete my minimum 5K for the day and therefore the whole challenge. Additionally though, I am aware that there are a lot of people who want to support me, but perhaps not for the whole 5K route (something about a big hill????). Therefore I am offering a walking alternative that shouldn't be too taxing and will allow one and all a walk around the grounds. The distance will be less than 5K and I will measure it accurately tomorrow at the official Parkrun and let you know.

So your call to action is this, log into the facebook page, confirm your attendance at the event on New Years Eve and then invite your friends, family, neighbours and anyone else that could do with a bit of exercise! I would like to end the year with a flourish on the fund raising front, so invite away as the run is free, the company is free and the location is free, all that I ask is that everyone makes a donation to Macmillan on the day. £5.00 of 5K seems fair.

So its now over to you. Lets get the 365 runners, walkers, helpers out to celebrate on day 365.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment