Saturday 5 October 2013

277/365 A funny day 5K by Big Kev

277/365 A funny day 5K by Big Kev

The working week had finally given way to the start of the weekend and I grabbed the opportunity to get out and run in the last throws of daylight. With a busy weekend of road running ahead I opted for a more off road route through Leigh Woods and I even put on my trail shoes for some extra purchase. The conditions underfoot were slippy, but not dangerous, so I enjoyed getting muddy and wet without worrying about pace or time.

All too soon thought the towpath was reached and I was heading back towards home. Autumn has arrived with a vengeance in the last few days with the colour of the canopy gradually changing and the leaf litter covering the trails. It won't be long before people start mentioning the C word!

Tonights activities though were of a far more comedic nature. I had three tickets to the Comedy Box in Bedminister where Russell Howard was trying out his routine in preparation for his Wonderbox tour. It was a very funny night and the overwhelming amount of the material is not for publication on the web, but still very funny. It was unlike any other comedy gig I have gone to as every now again notes would be referred to and tangents would be taken. However being in the second row made it feel very relaxed and easy going, all in all a great night.

Bring on the parkrun!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment