Saturday 5 October 2013

278/365 Balloons, a Hen do, another 1000 miles and a parkrun 5K PB by Big Kev

278/365 Balloons, a Hen do, another 1000 miles and a parkrun 5K PB by Big Kev

So much to cover in today's blog, so lets do it in order. As you can see from today's photo, we were treated to our own mini balloon fiesta at parkrun this morning. As we were being called to our briefing the first of two balloons took off for its morning flight. Ashton Court is a wonderful place where so many people and so many activities can share the grounds.

Next we have Camilla Kerr sharing the run with her fellow Hen do participants. It really is a very unique way of starting your celebrations! Good luck with the rest of the day.

Then we move on the another 1000 miles. This accolade is not mine on this occasion, no this goes to Marcus who has been an excellent running buddy this year and has had his very own excellent year of running. When we both sit down and review what has been achieved this year, I think we will both be amazed. Well done buddy.

Finally we come to my run and my sheer astonishment at achieving another parkrun PB. Whilst I will acknowledge I pushed hard, it wasn't with the intention of picking up a PB. I wanted to maintain a level effort as I have the Cardiff half marathon tomorrow. Well that effort was obviously rewarded with my best time on the hill to date. The upside to all that effort though is that I don't fell overly tired and have a relaxing day planned with Tina as she recovers from Bronchitis. My new Ashton Court PB stands at 19:10, boom!

Bring on Cardiff tomorrow!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment