Monday 28 October 2013

301/365 A colourful carpet and water everywhere 5K by Big Kev

301/365 A colourful carpet and water everywhere 5K by Big Kev

Today was the first of my two days off and after last nights storm a lazy morning with no commuting was just what the Doctor ordered.

Tina had given me a weather window of between 12 and 3pm for my run today and it panned out perfectly. I think she may have missed her vocation.

The strong winds last night didn't cause any damage at home and so I wasn't expecting any trouble running around Leigh Woods. This turn out to be the case and beyond the odd small branch on the trails it was easy to get around. The winds though had created a colourful carpet of leaves from light yellows all the way through to dark greens and reds. It really was very pretty and soft to run on, just what the legs needed.

What was noticeable though was the amount of water running off the slopes and across the trails, it seemed to have created mini waterfalls at every turn. So thank you Inov8 for my trail shoes they make short work of this terrain and keep me upright (mostly) on all but the steepest descents.

The body is still a bit weary following the last few weeks and whilst I took it easy (easier) yesterday the hamstring is still tight. Therefore, I think I might kick back, run a bath and chill out for the rest of the day. Why? Because I can.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment