Friday 11 October 2013

284/365 Katie's home 5K by Big Kev

284/365 Katie's home 5K by Big Kev

After a long and weary week, it's finally Friday! I had the great pleasure of bunking off an hour early to collect Katie from the train station as she is home for the weekend. It has been the longest time we have been apart since her Uni experience started last year. I know the benefits of skype make the world a smaller place, but there is no replacement for a cuddle!

Katie will be Twen-teen in a couple of weeks but has a busy schedule of partying planned with her friends in Canterbury, so the "fam" has had to adapt. Therefore we are celebrating her birthday this weekend. She refuses to be twenty and we would prefer her to be fifteen and hence the new age category, of Twen-teen.

As I had to cram a lot into a shorten working day, I started it early and got my Royal Mail shares done and dusted first thing. That left me the rest of the day for research and reports, I did complete 1 of the 2 tasks I had set myself, so there will be some more work over the weekend, oh well. Finally the late afternoon arrived and I was off to the station. Once the warm welcomes were over I still needed to get the run in, so a quick change and I was out the door and determined to get back before it got dark. The legs are heavy and laboured and any thought of getting this done quickly soon evaporated. I therefore knuckled down and fought against the headwind and rain to get back home in one piece. I haven't been that happy to get in a shower for some time.

Winter is coming.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment