Tuesday 22 October 2013

295/365 Hangry *TM 5K by Big Kev

295/365 Hangry *TM 5K by Big Kev

Now before you all think Kev's been on the booze again, today's title is not a spelling mistake as I know I can be a bit slap dash on the spelling front. No, the trademarked title is used often in the Caple household. Hangry is a combination of Hungry and Angry (more grumpy than angry, however Humpy could be misconstrued).

I have made some very poor nutritional decisions over the last couple of weeks and I have definitely not hydrated properly. Reflecting on the Portishead half I actually only had one swig of water for the whole race. Not clever!

So as of tomorrow morning I am going to focus on getting the basics right and hydrate properly. I therefore need to apologise to those close to me for being Hangry and I will reverse the process as quick as possible.

All this was brought to a head today as I have not been able to shift this Hangry mood regardless of the good things that have been happening around me.

Tonight's run was therefore contemplative and a readjustment of my normal Ashton Court route, this allowed me to berate myself properly and form a plan of action going forward.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment