Wednesday 16 October 2013

289/365 GWR AGM and 5K on my own! by Big Kev

289/365 GWR AGM and 5K on my own! by Big Kev

A quick blog tonight as the run itself was a short one. It was GWR's AGM tonight and therefore the standard club runs were put on hold. I had agreed to meet a group of people and go out before the meeting, however the plan failed at the very last hurdle. I left Gloucester on time, I made it to Bristol on time, I even made it to the road that the club is on in time. This is the part that then goes spectacular wrong. It was gridlock and I proceed to sit in my car not moving for 15 minutes, watching all my fellow runners making their way out on their chosen runs.

Now by the time that the traffic clears (all caused by an event at Redland School) I had no choice but to run the minimum 5K on my own and try to calm down. I have not done or even attempted road rage for many years, however the ineptitude of the drivers in the quarter mile by the club I encountered tonight hit a new level.

Still, once the kit was on and the run was underway, I soon left the issues behind.

Once back at the club, showered and changed, the formalities of the evening could take place and then due to the kindness of Andy Smith and some persuasive raffle ticket selling, another large sum has been raised for the Arthur Dagger fund. Great to see so many friendly faces tonight.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment