Saturday 12 October 2013

285/365 Parkrun route B 5K by Big Kev

285/365 Parkrun route B 5K by Big Kev

I do love a parkrun on a Saturday morning, especially when the house is all sleepy when I leave. The weather was just about playing ball this morning and whilst the rain clouds were there, they were keeping the rain inside. That said the wind was stiff and the temperature was showing a marked decline compared to last week. So much so, that on my first climb of the now famous Ashton Court parkrun hill, I was greeted by Marcus at the turning point dressed head to foot in what could be described as Arctic exploration clothing.

The route B course is only rolled out when conditions dictate a change of plan and with what looked like 50 or so new runners to the parkrun community, I do hope they come back next week to experience the classic route A.

Today's time was nothing special in the grand scheme of things for this year and considering the efforts of the last week I am actually more than happy with the result. It is always interesting, even now, listening to people before or after the run and hearing of their forthcoming exploits. I have made the decision to limit the number of full races between now and the end of the year as this week has shown me that if I keep pushing as hard as I have been, I could possible just implode.

I have just 4 planned races left; Portishead Half Marathon, Christmas Cracker, Clevedon Boxing Day run and my 'End of the Road' New Years Eve 5K run. I will of course continue to frequent the Ashton Court hill for the remaining Saturday mornings of this year. But do just let me know if you fancy joining me for a run between now and the end of the year.

Keep on sharing.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment