Thursday 31 October 2013

303/365 A mad dash only too be late 6 Miles by Big Kev

303/365 A mad dash only too be late 6 Miles by Big Kev

It was great to be back at work today after a few days off to reset the mind, body and soul. A trip to Gloucester to settle into our new office brought with it lots of new surprises (all good).

Being a Wednesday it is GWR’s club night and I was due to catch up with a few people, so I was keen to get there on time. The weather and conditions though had another take on it. I left on time and made the first part of the journey through Gloucester with ease, however when I reached the motorway the junctions where stacked, so much for half term.

I finally made it to the club as everyone was leaving for their planned runs, so after a super quick change I left about 5 minutes or so late. Now this may not sound a lot, but that’s in essence a 5 minute head start.

Therefore the head went down and the pace was increased. I had chosen to run the 6mile route as I didn’t want to push too hard, go figure.

I did eventually catch the group as the first regrouping point some 5K into the run. A quick glance at the watch showed I had actual done the distance in under 20 minutes, not too shabby!

The second half of the run was much more relaxed and gave me a good chance to chat and recover, the only inconvenience was the ascent of Stoke Hill and back onto the Downs.

With the run over and conversations had, I headed back home to get a head start on a presentation for Friday.

Another day done and another day closer to 365.



Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment