Thursday 12 December 2013

346/365 Dark, rainy and warm 5K by Big Kev

346/365 Dark, rainy and warm 5K by Big Kev

Well that's the weather officially turned on its head. The conditions outside on tonights run were around 12 degrees, windless, dark (obviously) and a little light rain. Absolutely perfect to refresh the soul, but not wintery at all.

I set off from home on an out and back route to Ashton Court. I was joined by the cyclist battling with the trails set around the perimeter of the estate. Their head torches light not only their path but mine as well, even though I am on the pavement outside of the estate walls. Whilst I muse at what we all did before the new breed of torches, I reach my tuning point and now reap the benefit of the homeward leg being most down hill.

So I am now at home and I am looking forward to a soak in the bath, before I get a couple more tasks completed.

Now that today's run is done I have 19 more days to go and the reflection can begin.

Thank you to Andy for sponsoring me today and I must agree with him in terms of my athletic highlight for the year. Cardiff Half Marathon and the amazing PB it brought me, will forever remain fondly in my heart.

Remember people we are getting new people view the page everyday but we still need more. Can I ask you all please to keep sharing and pushing as we enter the home straight. Lets see if we can get the magical 365 runners with us on NYE.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev



No comments:

Post a Comment