Monday 30 December 2013

364/365 Wind and rain for the penultimate day 5K by Big Kev

364/365 Wind and rain for the penultimate day 5K by Big Kev

I had always planned to go out first thing this morning before work, however I immediately regretted that decision as soon as I opened the door. Still nothing was going to dampen my spirit, as today is the penultimate day of running! It was dark, cold and windy and didn't offer up any real note worth events beyond the weather. However on my return home I was surprised to have received a Facebook message asking for an interview about this little challenge, Laura thanks for the call. Lets hope we can get some more coverage.

Furthermore I have been overwhelmed by the Facebook support for tomorrow's event and the flood of sponsorship that has come from it. Thank you all so much.

So its here, 1 to go and a years worth of planning. As Jessica put it on the flyer, '1 year 1 man 1 Final run'. I have publicised this as much as I can and here is my last go. To confirm the 'End of the Road' is tomorrow at 1:00 pm next to Ashton Court Mansion and will be sign posted to make it easy to find the start from the car parks (just look for the hundreds of people milling around). I am offering a 5K route up and down through the picturesque Ashton Court Estate and a far more gentile 1 mile (ish) route. Alex Deacon from BBC weather has cleared the sky from around 11:30am (so don't be put off by a bit of rain in the morning) and has guaranteed us sun for our 1:00pm start. Get there by 12:45 pm and you will be able to see a grown man thank a lot of wonderful people and hopefully keep most of his dignity between the tears.

Following the 'End of the Road' you are all cordially invited to join me an my merry crew at the Dovecote pub, which is just below Ashton Court and is within easy walking distance from the car parks. A note on the car parks on site, they do require £1 but will cover you for all day.

The event is free, however if you haven't noticed (are you living in a cave), I am doing this in aid of Macmillan Cancer support. They have been there to support my loved ones, so now it our turn to support them. So please don't feel pressured to put money into the green buckets that the marshals will have, but it would make a big difference if you do.

A big sponsorship thank you so far today to; Team Davies, Steve, Jordon, Lauren (who pushed us through the £3,000 mark), Rob, Jen, Ollie, Sam, Andy, Anne, Kerry and Kate. WOW!

Finally, I may not be in any fit state to blog tomorrow, so don't panic if you don't hear from me until the 1st of Jan 2014. I do though promise to recap some of the highlights of 2013 in the first 7 days. Therefore if I miss getting around to you individually, Happy New Year one and all and may 2014 bring you 365 days of consecutive happiness.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment