Sunday 8 December 2013

342/365 Rest, Work & Play 5K by Big Kev

342/365 Rest, Work & Play 5K by Big Kev

Today's blog title sums up the action involved in todays activities. I had a choice offered to me this morning when I awoke. I could either head out and get my run completed in the daylight before I headed off into work, or I could wait until after work and run in the dark. Just as I was about to make my decision, whilst wrapped up nice and warm in my bed, it started to rain. So in the dark and after work it is then!

When I got home from work the weather gods must have been smiling and appreciating my earlier decision as it was dry, windless and a very nice temperature. I can easily deal with the dark now, as I have mentioned before my head torch has open up so many more options for me at night. Tonight was no exception to this. I was able to head off from home, along Sandy Lane and into Abbots Leigh Pool and all the way up to to the top of Weir Lane. The woods tonight were quiet and still, which is so beautiful especially when I want some time to process the events of the day.

The run goes without incident and means I am another day closer to the end and I am very thankful.

I have a big week ahead in work and so I will need to squeeze the runs in when I can, so be prepared for the blogs to turn up at odd times.

The highlight of week ahead though must surely be my interview with John Darvall on Radio Bristol, which is scheduled for sometime between 11:00 and 11:30am on Tuesday. So spread the word and listen in, lets see if we can get the fund raising figure moving again.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment