Monday 16 December 2013

350/365 Another Big milestone 5K by Big Kev

350/365 Another Big milestone 5K by Big Kev

OMG, the end is in sight and I have just completed 350 days of consecutive running. I thought I would get some stats out today as it has been a little while since I updated everyone.

I have covered to date: 1557 miles in 198 hours 56 minutes and 32 seconds which is an average of 4.42 miles a day.

According to Garmin I have an elevation gain of 107,267 ft, have an average speed 7.8 mph and have burned a staggering 245,126 calories.  I have broken and created 5 new PB's over 5K, 5 miles, 10K, 10 miles and Half marathon. It also seems that where I haven't created a PB I have created a new course best for me, race after race, after race.

This has been a real surprise not only to me, but also my fellow competitors I have raced against, especially those that are aware of the challenge. I have on occasion used this to my psychological advantage especially when someone I don't know seems to be pushing me a little to hard while racing. Its always useful whilst puffing hard to mention the fact that you have run everyday of 2013 and then watching them process that information!

So those are my stats, so what about yours?

You have collectively been very kind and have helped fund Macmillan to the tune of £1,598.55. You should all be very proud of what you have done, I know I am.

So keep sharing the word and the links to the Facebook page and just giving site.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

A big thank you to my last set of sponsors Mike and Elaine and for the Caple Banks team for sending our a sneaky fund raising letter to our lovely clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment