Friday 20 December 2013

354/365 Traffic everywhere 5K by Big Kev

354/365 Traffic everywhere 5K by Big Kev

Being the last Friday before Christmas I was painfully aware that the roads were going to be full and delays were almost inevitable. I was though expecting for this to play out far later than 8:30 am. I sat on the M5 for almost an hour as there had been an accident just beyond junction 15, a van had overturned and straddled two lanes. It appeared (fortunately) that the occupant(s) got away with it, however those queued for many mile behind, certainly didn't get to their destination on time. However I understand mores than most that time and speed are relative and getting there safely is far more important.

Following a very productive day at work I headed back to Bristol and expected similar, if not longer delays. However beyond the expected congestion I made it home in one piece, overall a great result.

Once home and after a very quick change, I was out of the door and onto the trails. I had missed the daylight window, so therefore had to employ the head torch to aid the run. The trails were quiet, but the roads were packed. I understand a lot of people are starting their Christmas break today and are very keen to get home and/or to their intended destinations. For me the destination is still a few days away and it is for me only days.

I have actually 11 days left of this challenge and I am aware the journey is almost finished. My followers are also recognising this now and I am finding the sponsorship and their kind words almost overwhelming. I have been privileged with the attitude, aptitude and the support required to attempt this challenge. I understand more so now that whilst these qualities are important the most important is the latter of support. Without my support network, I would not be at this point, so once again thank you.

Another huge thank you to my sponsors today, Penny for her kind gesture, Caple Banks for their matched funding to my wonderful clients and adding a bit more to make it up to £365. Finally to Jody for agreeing to sponsor me 10p per mile and I am a little (but only a little) sorry for cover 1600 miles.

Parkrun tomorrow, fancy dress and cakes, brilliant.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment