Thursday 26 December 2013

360/365 Clevedon AC's Boxing Day run 4 miles by Big Kev

360/365 Clevedon AC's Boxing Day run 4 miles by Big Kev

Clevedon AC's Boxing day run has a special place in my heart as every year I have run it, then big things have happened for me in the following year. It was therefore a pleasure to line up today on the start line in the glorious sunshine, knowing that at the end of the race there would be only 5 Day left of this amazing challenge and year.

360 days of consecutive running, OMG! I did say that the last week would be one of reflection on what has been achieved, but there are still so many new achievement to be had that I will save the recap for the first few days of 2014.

At the end of the race the commentator gave me the opportunity to give a shout out to all of the clubs that have helped me on this challenge; Great Western Runners, Southville RC, Long Ashton RC, Bristol & West AC (by proxy) and Ashton Court parkrun. Without the support of my fellow runners this challenge would have been even harder that it already is, so thank you all once again.

It has been a real pleasure to meet so many new people this year and share in the their stories and adventures. I am continually humbled by the encouragement I receive from fellow runners working as hard as they can to reach their own goals.

I will now definitely break the 1600 mile mark by the end of the challenge, which is way more that I needed, but distance was not the main driver as long as I covered the minimum. Still it been great to know the body can deal with this kind of punishment/pleasure everyday.

For those that want to share the last few runs with me this is what I will be up to. Tomorrow is my favourite 5K loop of Leigh Woods and I would recommend it to anyone, 9:30 am start from my place. Saturday will be Ashton Court parkrun at 9:00 am, Sunday will be a longer run from Ashton Court hopefully with Long Ashton runners 9:30 am ish. Monday will be work dependant (so message me if you want to be involved on the penultimate day). Finally as you all know Tuesday will be 1:00 pm at Ashton Court mansion for the End of the Road event.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

5 days to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment