Wednesday 11 December 2013

345/365 Meandering miles with Marcus 6 miles by Big Kev

345/365 Meandering miles with Marcus 6 miles by Big Kev

I had a choice of runs available today that were dependent on when I could get away from the office in Gloucester. I could have either joined Goodgym and Chris Bennett on their run to help set up the Caring at Christmas shelter, or it was a later run with the GWR. Well events ran away with me today (excuse the pun) and I just couldn't get to Goodgym safely, so I hope Chris and the gang had a great evening and enjoyed helping out on this very worthy cause.

This left me with the later run at GWR, so it was nice to slow the pace of the day and in turn the run. I went out on the 6 mile route with Marcus and we meandered along and chatted to basically anyone that would listen. The group was quite large when we started but did break up into two separate paced groups by the end.  This meant that we were back at the club, showered and fed at an usually early time.

The route is certainly not an easy one due to the hills in the middle, however it does offer you a full work out in return.

Tonight I started to reminisce on the year and Marcus has shared a lot of the highs with me along the way. I won't go into detail today as I do intend to use the last week to recap on what has been achieved.

I also need to thank my recent sponsors, the lovely Clare, Stu from parkrun and Jade from Elmlea. Your donations make a real difference to me and most importantly Macmillan, so once again thank you.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

20 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment