Friday 13 December 2013

347/365 Early start, late finish on Friday the 13th 5K by Big Kev

347/365 Early start, late finish on Friday the 13th 5K by Big Kev

This has not been the best day for some poor souls on Friday the 13th and my thoughts are with them. I am in no way superstitious, however I do understand that some people are.

I had already planned to head out early for today's run as there was going to be a lot of travelling on the roads involved. My first appointment was in Swindon, then Bristol and finally Gloucester. It seems that traffic and thus jams were also going to form a large part of the day as well.

My run was before the travelling, before the rain and before what appears to be the tragic events of this evening. I ran my favourite local route this morning, so I could let my mind wander and allow me to plan for the day ahead.

Once home fed and showered I was ready to get out and get on with it. The first appointment went very well and set the day up nicely, then the traffic jams kicked in. My next appoint for lots of reasons went over the allocated time slot and meant that I had to think on my feet and in the end I pushed my Gloucester meeting to later in the day.

When I finished my appointment in Gloucester at 6:00pm I expected a simple journey home, however it took 2 hours 45 minutes. This is because the motorway had been closed due to a very serious accident involving two cars.

What should be the simple task of getting home on a Friday evening in December for some has turned in to a very different journey and I hope events unfold well.

So my journey home tonight takes a little longer, however at least I got home in one piece. I have only 18 days to go on my running journey and I have been very fortunate to get to this point unscathed (well mostly).

Looking forward to another day tomorrow. Parkrun it is.

A big thank you to Claire and Andrea for your kind sponsorship today, it really helps.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment