Monday 9 December 2013

343/365 A little later than planned 5K by Big Kev

343/365 A little later than planned 5K by Big Kev

The run was planned for lunchtime today, however events just overtook me and before I knew it lunchtime had passed me by and it was dark again. The upside to this is that we worked through a lot of items in that time allowed, so at least I can get across to my radio interview tomorrow with Radio Bristol.

I really don't know what to expect from tomorrow and as a consequence its quite difficult to prepare. So running along tonight my mind wandered to events of the year and what I have done and seen. How do you try and condense all of the amazing adventures I have had this year into a 5-10 minute interview.

I suppose the answer is you don't. I have seen a bright red Macaw going for a drive with its owner. I have lived through an earthquake in Wales and then climbed Snowden. Run in all the weather conditions the UK's weather cycle can throw at me. Picked up a calf tear that threatened the whole challenge and found that  through the practical and moral support of others I could get through it. I have worn and washed more running kit this year than most people would do in three years. To name but a few glimpses into the year.

I have though been completely humbled throughout the year by the generosity of all of you, my very kind sponsors. Given the time and inclination next year I will endeavour to condense the years blogs into some sort of readable format that does the events of the year justice.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, at best I raise awareness of the fantastic charity Macmillan and raise them some more funds. At worst I embarrass myself in some way (won't be difficult) and raise some more funds for Macmillan. Win - Win really.

I will be on Radio Bristol with John Darvall from 11:00am if you fancy listening in.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev
    


No comments:

Post a Comment