Tuesday 10 December 2013

344/365 Radio Bristol 5K by Big Kev

344/365 Radio Bristol 5K by Big Kev

Today was always going to be a full one and as I mentioned yesterday I had been invited into Radio Bristol for an interview on the challenge.

John Darvall and the team made me very welcome this morning and allowed me to discuss the what, why and wherefores of this challenge. For those of you that missed it I can be found on the listen again section of BBC Radio Bristol's website www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lklhj I am about 2:03:00 in, just after the news.

This is the first time I have ever given a radio interview and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I may have also said this before, but when someone unconnected with the daily task of running feeds back the enormity the of challenge to me, I always think thats crazy who on earth would want to do this.

Well I am doing this and I am now three weeks away from the end, so my obstinate nature will make sure I reach the end.

I got the run in early this morning and in the daylight, which has been a novelty over the last few days. I circled my favourite route in Leigh Woods and whilst most muscles and limbs were a bit achy I really enjoyed it.

The rest of the week will be as hectic as today, so lets see when I can fit it al in.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

p.s. Katie gets and extra mention today as I was unable to get her a shout out on the radio with all of the shenanigans going on. Love you x

No comments:

Post a Comment