Tuesday 3 December 2013

337/365 A late alarm call 5K by Big Kev

337/365 A late alarm call 5K by Big Kev

Today was always going to be full on, as it was due to start with a breakfast meeting at the Gloucestershire College business breakfast. It however didn't get off to the best of starts, I realistically needed to be on the road at around 6:15, however I was still in bead at 6:25!!!

Fortunately I had been organised enough to pack my kit bag and briefcase before I went to bed. I also laid out my clothes ready for the morning as I did expect to be up before the girls, so I didn't want to disturb them when I got up. Pretty safe to say that when Tina jabbed me in the ribs to say I have slept through my alarm, I disturbed not only the girls, but also most of my neighbours!

Still with a fair wind and a clear road I made it to the meeting in time for coffee just before the presentation.

The ramifications of getting up so late though was that I have been out of kilter all day. Even after and early lunch and a run at lunchtime, I am feeling almost jet lagged.

The run itself though was measured and controlled. No risks or bursts of speed to do any damage. Whilst the route is on the road, the views that surround the office and from the top of the hill in Highnam are a very welcome distraction from the pounding of feet.

However at the end of this day the body and soul are now shattered and so an early night is on the cards.

Bring on tomorrow.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev
 

No comments:

Post a Comment