Friday 27 December 2013

361/365 A whole lot of weather 7 Miles by Big Kev

361/365 A whole lot of weather 7 Miles by Big Kev

Well that truly was a whole lot of weather for one run. To those of you that I saw out on my run today, I tip my cap to you. I have a specific need to be out in conditions like that and I believe you have a choice, so if you choose to be out here with me then you need a special mention, as you are special!

Sunshine, rainbows, rain, horizontal rain and then hailstones, what have I done to deserve all of that. Answers on a postcard please. The route on the towpath was flooded which at least removed the need to run around the puddles, as I was already soaked through from head to toe.

For those of you that actually click on the link to the map of the run, you will see that I certainly kept the pace up on the run regardless of the conditions. I could put this down to knowing that there is now just 4 runs left or a great shuffle selection on the iPod, probably a mixture of the both in truth. I rarely run with music, so its always a nice distraction and I did need that today. At one point though I did laugh out loud, this was when the hailstones were stinging the skin and Nick Kershaw (80's reference) came on with 'I won't let the sun go down on me'. The sun in fact had gone down 40 minutes ago and every since then I have been trying to remember what it looks and feels like!

The rest of the day has been with family and preparing for the last run, banners, buckets and backup plans done. So from here on in could I ask my twitter follows to use the #endoftheroad to see if we can drum up anymore support, and for the rest of you could you please repost the flyer.

Tomorrow is the last Ashton Court parkrun of the year and I look forward to seeing a lot of you there for the precursor to New Years Eve. Just to confirm its a 1:00 pm start from Ashton Court, followed by drinks and celebrations in the Dovecote pub. Where we are assured a warm welcome by Sharon and the team even if we are a little cramped.

At this point I need two more marshals to complete the team, so if fancy feeling even more important on the day, I need a marshal at the bottom and the top of the hill (slight incline) by the Deer park. Just message me if you fancy it.

A big thank you to todays sponsors Helen and Phil, I am sorry you won't be there and I look forward to seeing you soon.

4 to go!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment