Thursday 26 September 2013

269/365 Its hard not to take it personally! 5K by Big Kev

269/365 Its hard not to take it personally! 5K by Big Kev

It was an early run around Leigh Woods this morning as I needed to be up and out quick smart. I had a day of golf planned with a corporate sponsor and as I hadn't swung a club at all this year, I didn't now what to expect. The good news was that the warm up round in the morning allowed me to find my stride for the afternoon. I actually finished 4th for the day, so I was pleasantly surprised as this was using 3/4 of my stated handicap. Now for those golfer out there, you will appreciate that 27 holes in one day is a very long walk. I do believe this put me at an advantage though, as the huge number of miles I have covered this year meant that my fitness has never been higher. In the past I have felt shattered after 18 holes let alone 27, and I couldn't imagine running a 5K in under 24 minutes before tackling all of that as well. Boom!

Being all buoyed up from the day did make the news of not getting a place in next years London marathon a little easier to deal with. However as I have now been applying every year since 2009 it hard not to take the rejection personally, especially as other people I know have got back to back places, Grrrrrrrr.

However my challenge will not be influenced by next year just yet, as there is still plenty of running to do this year.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment