Sunday 1 September 2013

244/365 6 miles and the Kite Festival by Big Kev

244/365 6 miles and the Kite Festival by Big Kev

I took advantage of the weekend and held off my run until mid afternoon. Ashton Court was the main destination today as the Kite festival was in full flight. Its a great loop as I can cut through Abbots Leigh Pool and then onto the top plato of Ashton Court. Once there the spectacle was amazing, people everywhere enjoying the conditions and their own family time. On one of the side slopes it was like a scene from Mary Poppins, genius!

After leaving the grounds I headed into Leigh Woods and enjoyed the comparative quiet. From there its a meandering loop back toward home and a nice shower and the prospect of another wonderful Sunday roast.

I am looking forward to an easier week as the last month has been full on and was actually the highest monthly total so far. 144 miles for the month and I have also passed the 1095 mile mark, so that the 3 miles a day distance ticked off!

I do have the AXA 5 on Tuesday, but I am certain, I probably, might not consider racing too hard!

A final thanks to Ninja (our cat) for helping with todays blog, the cats playing with the mouse!

Bring on my Gloucester lunchtime run tomorrow.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment