Sunday 22 September 2013

265/365 10 lovely local miles, the countdown begins by Big Kev

265/365 10 lovely local miles, the countdown begins by Big Kev

Being a Sunday I do try an get a longer run in and its hard to believe that its been a week since Bristol Half marathon. I joined up with my parkrun/Long Ashton running buddies for a trot around Leigh woods, Abbots Leigh and Aston Court. We were a little uncertain of logistics as Brisfest was being held this weekend in the middle of Ashton Court, so it was a pleasant surprise to find all the paths and car parks open. However not having this information to hand lead me to take my bike rather than run down. Now I will state for the record that cycling up the hill and across to Ashton Court from home was really very weird. I have run this route at least 100 times this year and it almost felt like I was cheating!

Still when I got to Ashton Court and hooked up with everyone the run, route and sights soon reminded me how simple and beautiful this running lark really is.

So the count down begins, I have reached 265 which means that there are just 100 runs left of this challenge, which does in turn mean that its 100 days left of the year WOW!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

todays photo is from the Brisfest site, looks a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment