Tuesday 10 September 2013

253/365 6 miles with SRC and Leo by Big Kev

253/365 6 miles with SRC and Leo by Big Kev

Its been a manic day at work today with lots going on, but I was determined to get to Southville running club tonight on time. The club runs start at 6:30pm from South Bank in Southville and at 6:10pm I was still in the office in Portishead, some 9 miles away. Easy you would think, however with Bristol traffic to deal with I walked in at 6:35pm. Fortunately there were a lot of club announcements going on, so I had time to set the Garmin and gather my thoughts. Whilst gathering my thoughts though I hadn't paid enough attention to what group was going where and all I heard was towpath and about 6 miles. The distance worked and its nice and flat, so I went with it. What I hadn't realised was the use of the words 'interval training' in the sentence that proceeded towpath, Doh!

When we reached the towpath the whole group was haring off into the distance and I realised my tempo run was off the cards. Then a mile in I spotted Leo coming the other way, a perfect excuse to drop out, so I let the guys in front of me know and split off as all i would have done is hold them up.

It was great to catch up with Leo who was our doing a similar 6 miles. He filled me in on all the details of the weekends Gromithon completed by JPC and the team. Leo and I parted ways after a few miles and then I carried on into Bristol and around the harbour to make sure I reached my target 6 miles. The Garmin then cheered me up as it confirmed I had covered 6 miles in just under 45 minutes, bang on the tempo pace I wanted.

Looking forward to GWR tomorrow night, time for an 8 mile run I think, especially as it could be one of the last on the summer route.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment