Saturday 7 September 2013

250/365 A big day all round 5 miles by Big Kev

250/365 A big day all round 5 miles by Big Kev

Today really has been a big day all round. It started early this morning as Jess had her first Uni open day to attend in Exeter. A very big first! Then once home I trotted off and completed the 250th day of consecutive running along some of my most favourite trails. Finally, we then start packing Katie up ready to return to the University of Kent for her second year and therefore her first time living off campus and fending for herself, Boom!

A crazy time in the Caple household and yet none of us have lost sight of what makes all the change necessary and important. Our girls have been brought up under no illusion that the world is tough and even if you work as hard as you can, it sometimes doesn't always go your way. We can't know whats around the corner, so we enjoy all the time we have together and try not to argue to much and instead laugh as much as we can.

Today runs was very much like that, I changed after coming back from Exeter all buoyed up as it looked like I would get out before the rain set in. However, in my rush last night to get the blog out I forgot to turn of the Garmin! Therefore instead of lapping up the sunshine, I endured another episode of Downton Abbey whilst the Garmin charged and then as soon as I set off the rain came in. You could say, I am working hard and thats a tough break. But I am reminded that at least I am out running even if its in the rain and this is the 250th day of consecutive running and how many people can say they have done that. So Caple, get over it and enjoy the rain, I did!

Not sure when I am going to run tomorrow, might be first thing or might even be in Canterbury, let see?

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment