Sunday 8 September 2013

251/365 A day on the road 5K by Big Kev

251/365 A day on the road 5K by Big Kev

With the sun shinning and the prospect of a long day on the road, it was an easy choice to go for a run first. I have only kept it to the minimum today, as I am conscious that in a weeks time its the Bristol Half Marathon and there is no need for an extra miles today. The route today was a simple out and back from home to Ashton Courts gate house. the initial climb for the first half of a mile is a short sharp wake up call so by the time I have reached half way and I am thinking about the return trip, I certainly have a sweat on.

Today is also the day we take Katie back to Kent Uni in Canterbury, so we have a long journey ahead of us. The girls being as organised as ever already have all of Katie's stuff boxed up and ready to be loaded into the truck. They also have their 'to do' bags ready (i.e. what have you to do on the journey), now in years gone by these 'to do' bags would have pens and paper, toys and sweets galore and more than enough to share around. However now that my girls are effectively adults, their 'to do' bags are filled with laptops, homework, kindles and iPods. The journeys therefore have become more productive for them whilst being so much quieter and I am not sure if this is a good thing on not, plus I do miss the sweets!

The final word today goes to the 10kx365 crew, Neil, JPC and Alfie. They are completing there very own version of the Gromit Marathon today and I am really pleased to see the weather is being kind. I hope they raise a lot of awareness, a lot of smiles and in turn a lot of money for there good causes.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment