Thursday 12 September 2013

255/365 Angry drivers 5K by Big Kev

255/365 Angry drivers 5K by Big Kev

Well I suppose its official, the nights  have drawn in. When I finally got around to running today it was just about dark and it was only 7:33pm. By the time I got back it was definitely dark and wet as the rain had also set in, welcome to Autumn Kev!!

It must be a condition of the darkening evenings that bring out the angry drivers, I heard a lot of horns tonight and I only ran for 5K. The main A369 of which our home's road spurs off from, has been closed all week from 8:00pm to 6:00am for resurfacing and only residents have access. As an aside, the noise and smell of fresh tarmac at 3:00am is not something I will ever get used to! The angry drivers tonight were venting their frustration and abuse at the road workers because they would not let them drive through the road block. This is despite the signs informing the road users of the road closure for at least a week before it closed and the 4 'ROAD CLOSED' signs they passed before reaching the road block. One driver got out of his German coupe (other models are available) and thought that shouting at the road workers and stating the bleeding obvious would make them more inclined to let him through, it didn't. Doesn't he know stress is a killer!

The blog and data have taken a little longer than usual to get organised tonight, as my present from the girls arrived yesterday and I was overly keen to use it before reading the manual (a man trait I have heard). So I have just spent the last hour panicking that I might have to go out for another run, but all is now good in the Caple household. The girls have purchased me a lovely shiny brand new Garmin 310xt, as my every faithful 305 had started to become very glitchy. Thanks girls its fab.

Lets see what tomorrow brings, another minimum distance I think and possibly and interview and some pictures, hmmmm!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment