Friday 6 September 2013

249/365 6 miles and lots of new facebook friends by Big Kev

249/365 6 miles and lots of new facebook friends by Big Kev

Firstly let me say hello and welcome to all my new facebook friends, Katie, Jess and James have done a sterling job today of increasing the fan base and I thank them dearly. For those of you new to the format of the daily blog, I tend to cover 2 things, a little bit about my day and whats affecting it and then a bit on the run itself. I will also and when appropriate, cover off the good work Macmillan are doing either for people I know or how they are helping me with this challenge. As a quick up date (the clue's in the title) today is the 249th consecutive day I have run at least 3 miles outdoors. I have actually covered 1125 miles in 145:17:53 (Hrs:Min:Sec). So lets get on to it:

Tonights run has come at the end of a very long week and a particularly early start. I attended the Portishead Chamber of Commerce quarterly breakfast meeting this morning and caught up on the hot topics and local affairs. This meant the run needed to be sandwiched in between and early dinner and our scuba diving friends this evening. Tonights guests are coming over to view all of their hard work completed in Gozo in August and is captured in the photographic form and in a various formats. To start, the standard slideshow has been adapted to stop one and all falling asleep and then they have their very own photobooks to take away and treasure forever!

The run tonight was contemplative as there has been lots of news this week, none of it insurmountable, but just lots of it. There is no need for details, just to say that me, my own and those closest to me could have done with a lots less of it. This is one of the reasons I run, to find that Zen like state where you can forget the here and now and just concentrate on the simple matters.  Ones like, breathing right, holding good form and watching where you place your feet, beyond that I find everything else takes care of itself.

The 6 miles were of no preset route just at a pace I felt comfortable with and then I let the miles take care of themselves.

So here's to a very busy weekend, Exeter and Canterbury and somewhere a run every day.

Keep on share and keep on liking.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

Today's photo is dedicated to Katie for her hard work on facebook this afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment