Friday 20 September 2013

263/365 Road tripping & 5K by Big Kev

263/365 Road tripping & 5K by Big Kev

A long round trip today as Jess and I headed North to Loughborough University for its open day. It was a day full of surprises and future dreams and it was difficult not to be caught up in the endless opportunities. As an aspiring athlete I was fascinated not only by the facilities on offer, but also the roll call of athlete's who have graced the halls. It was great to see that Seb Coe (before the Lord bit) still holds the 800m record.

The journey home was a bit stop start, but Jess and I had a lot to discuss so the time flew by. A time of hard work and hard choices to come, exciting times

Once home and before the efforts of the day took hold I headed straight out. The sun was still out and the trails quiet as most people were still battling the Friday night traffic. I am now in a quandary on tomorrows run, do I enjoy the weekend lie in or do I head off to Parkrun (Littlestoke)? I think I will let the alarm clock decide and by alarm clock I do mean the cat!

Two days to go before the big 100 countdown!

One final point and another big thank you to the Bristol Post, some how I became the 5th most eye catching moment of the week. Eye catching!!! Still another big shout out to Macmillan so thank you.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment