Wednesday 25 September 2013

268/365 Club 6 mile run after a productive day. by Big Kev

268/365 Club 6 mile run after a productive day. by Big Kev

It been a fully packed day with work taking up all the the daylight hours, quite literally. As the mind had been occupied all day, this evening was set aside for the pleasure of running. It didn't disappoint, I joined our 6 mile group tonight and picked a pace that meant I could have a good chat with all those around me.

The winter route circles Redland, Westbury-on-Trym, Sea Mills and Stoke Bishop. Whilst running on the pavements is not my favourite surface the route is well lit and relatively safe. It is also a quite a demanding route with a real sting in the tail as towards the 5 mile mark we have to tackle Stoke Hill. After that though the route flattens and descends back to the club so you can catch your breathe and talk about future plans.

For me the race plans now centre around just 5 races and 1 big run; Oldbury 10, Cardiff half, Portishead half, Christmas Cracker, Clevedon boxing day run and of course my big run on New Years eve.

Please keep checking on the facebook page for more details of the New Years Eve event and let me know if you would like to run/help out on the day.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment