Saturday 21 July 2012

Marg - Day 249-255/365 Challenge - Crazy runs in Chicago and Carmel cools down a bit!

Trying to fit in work and family holiday events and house renovations has made running a little hard this week but managed to get it all in.

This was just a run up to Gray Rd and back. Bit stiff after my longer run the day before.
Day 249/365 Challenge. by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

Went up to Chicago for work meeting and had some nice runs along Michigan lake shore and in the city. You will see from the first one that the satellite went a bit crazy while I was in amongst the buildings bit was fine while I was running aling the lakeshore and down Navy Pier. It had been a hot day but late at night on the water's edge was very nice.
Day 250/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

I had not noticed that the buildings were affecting the sat nav yesterday and headed off today partly along the lakeshore and also in the city. Part way through my run I paused while the lights were against me and accidentally ended the run. By the time I got the sat connection again it was after midnight and so I thought I would just get another run in for the next day even though I was 0.06 miles short of my minimum for the run I had just accidentally completed.
Day 251/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

You will see from the maps of these two runs that the sat nav was not coping at all. It looks like I was doing something crazy!! And was somehow able to run straight through the John Hancock Building and back again in a few seconds!! Pretty strong! Anyway when I looked at was going on and I have decided to combine these two runs as they were run consecutively and just call it one as I think I covered about 2 1/2 miles but definitely not the distance reflected in the map and there is no way I can run a less than 6 min/mile pace!!
Day 252/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

Back in Carmel again and doing my real run for today!
Day 252/365 B - Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

Did a double run tonight as I was taking the kids to King's Island (roller coaster theme park) tomorrow. This has proven to be a very effective strategy for getting the daily runs done but creating some breathing space for travel or other events - great thinking Charles!! I will be using it a few times before the full year is out. Perhaps we need to capture some of our "coping strategies" on the blog to help newcomers!
Day 253/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 254/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

Gorgeous day today. Much cooler. Had a really nice 3 mile run with Brad this morning. Howevere I forgot to turn it off when I got home!! Hence the awful pace.
Day 255/365 Challenge by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment