Monday 23 July 2012

Charles: Day 259 to 261/365 - Where did the weekend go?

Busy weekend with having to work to meet some deadlines so it was a late 11.30pm Saturday night 5k (day 259) and a 12.04am Sunday morning 5k (day 260). This meant that I had all day on the Sunday to fire up the works laptop and get some work done.

Day 261 was at 7pm with the running club on the Monday night. My previous run finished at 12.35am on the Sunday night. By my reckoning that's just under 42 and a half hours of a rest. This running late at night and early morning definitely works and allows more recovery time. I benefited tonight from the rest and felt fairly fresh in the heavy rain. The run itself was really slow paced because my group was of a very mixed ability. The group get on really well and don't mind waiting for the slower runners to catch up. I made some of the more advanced runners do a wee bit extra to loop round to chase the slower runners. Great nights running!

The details of day 259 can be found at Day 259/365 challenge
The details of day 260 can be found at Day 260/365 challenge
The details of day 261 can be found at Day 261/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment