Wednesday 25 July 2012

Jack: Day 35/365...New Turf

Today I had a hard day moving flat! As I signed the lease on my new place in Shawlands I started driving my things across town. I still have the lease on the current flat and so am able to leave a few bits and pieces here until the end of the month however I am flying to London this evening in preparation for the Olympics! Even so I will be pushed for time when I return to Glasgow so I wanted to transfer as much as possible to the new property. Unfortunately Vicki was at work so this meant doing the majority of he work on my own! One thing which made the job even harder was the fact that I am moving form the third floor of one block of flats to the third floor of another! That is a lot of stairs especially when you are loaded up with boxes of DVDs and books! After a few hours of transporting stuff to the flat I decided to have a crack at my 5k for the day and explore my new surroundings. As I set off into Queens Park I was really impressed with the park. It was an awesome place to run and the amazing weather definitely added to the experience. I completed 5kilometres running a perimeter of the park but will need to tweak the route a little bit in order to add a little distance (I had to run past my flat for a minute or so in order to reach the 5k target distance). It was a really nice run and I can't wait to have a chance to explore the area a bit more. As I fly south this evening to visit family and watch the Olympics the next few runs will take place around South London and so will add another twist of variety to my run365challenge!! Exciting times!

35 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment: