Sunday 15 July 2012

Jack: Day 22-23/365...Vicki's Graduation

On day 22 I found myself back up in Aberdeen. With Vicki graduating at lunch time I decided to get up early and complete my 5k before heading into town for the ceremony. This would mean that I could relax for the rest of the day without the prospect of a run looming over me. I was out the door for 6:45 and enjoyed a steady 5k around the scenic Aden Park. Whilst I didn't see any deer on this outing it was really nice to be jogging around the park and it was a welcome change of scenery. Vicki's ceremony was good (even if it did drag on a little!!) and the post-ceremony lunch was even better! An amazing bit of steak followed by sticky toffee pudding left me glad that I had already completed my run for the day!

Day 23 and I had a much more relaxed start to the day. With a later start I was able to enjoy a long lie in bed with my book (A Dance with Dragons - the latest in the Game of Thrones series of books!). Eventually I tore myself aware and followed the same route as yesterday around Aden Park. This evening was spent at Vicki's Graduation ball and it was a great night. We had a really good meal and a couple of drinks at the ball itself before heading into town and ending the night in Malone's Late Bar. Whilst the post-night out chips with cheese still made me feel slightly guilty, knowing that I am running everyday definitely helped!

22 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
23 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment