Saturday 31 August 2013

243/365 Parkrun route B 5K by Big Kev

243/365 Parkrun route B 5K by Big Kev

After the enormous effort of my 5K PB yesterday, Parkrun this morning was a venture into the relatively unknown. Today's route had to be changed from the normal 2.5K uphill start and 2.5K downhill finish as the Kite festival had taken up the whole of the upper plato. We therefore had an adapted route whereby we had to ascend and descend the Deer park hill twice! Geoff did say it was a Marmite course and whilst I wouldn't say I personally hate it, I do prefer our normal route A.

I am very pleased with the time today as it was once again a sub 20 at 19:55. I did have to set off a bit quick to catch the main group though, as I got a little distracted by JPC and Alfie.  As seconds before the whistle was blown they turned up next to me with JPC trying (and failing) to tie his shoes laces, then me being handed Alfie whilst he had another attempt.

When we finally set off JPC and Alfie showed me 3 pairs of clean heels on our first descent of the main hill and cleared a path in front of me, that helped. On my second ascent though the effort from last night really caught me up and I seemed to be slowing at an alarming rate. Thankfully the turn appeared for the second time and I was on my way back to the finish. The course seemed almost full to bursting point and as we were coming back down there were parkrunners all over Ashton Court, a great sight.

Thanks to everyone who gives me a shout out it really is appreciated.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev






No comments:

Post a Comment