Saturday 10 August 2013

214/365 My first Midnight mission 5K by Big Kev

214/365 My first Midnight mission 5K by Big Kev


With a long day ahead of us and lots of travelling to get through before we get to Gozo, I headed out just after Midnight from home. This would mean that the run would count on the 2nd and yet I could also get my head down for a couple of hours before we set off to the airport.

The run itself was lovely (kind of), the roads were very quiet, the lights were on, but the heat was very unusual. I can still remember back to early morning or evening runs in January when the roads were quiet, but the temperature had plummeted meaning that I was wearing every item of clothing I own. This run on the other hand required just a vest, a reflective bib and a pair of shorts. The 5K was a quick one as I had been fully turbo charged on Cherry Coke (full fat version) and after just a smidgen over 20 minutes I was home and off to bed.

The trip to Gozo is one that is always full of adventure. It starts in the truck, followed by a minibus, then a plane, another minibus, a ferry and finally topped off by another minibus. All in all it is an 11 hours from door to door, but is broken up by the changes in transport and the ever changing scenery. Therefore the earliest of early runs was well justified!

Here is to a great weeks diving.


Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment