Friday 30 August 2013

242/365 A huge 5K PB by Big Kev

242/365 A huge 5K PB by Big Kev

I have been hoping and working toward the final 5K race in the GWR series for the last 2 months. I had a plan that tonights race would be a PB and one that would be so far out of my normal reach I wouldn't be tempted to go for it again. I am happy to report that my new 5K PB is 18:13 and I am very happy. With a lot of support from family, friends and running colleagues I had recovered sufficiently enough from my calf tear/achilles issues to post this time. The route is relatively flat and with the cooler conditions it was almost perfect. So, a big thank you form a very tired Big Kev.

It has been a day of great highs and yet it has also been tempered with some stark reality. One of my running colleagues and fellow 365 runner Jim Plunkett-Cole has suffered the loss of his mother after her short battle with cancer. Jim has been very gracious about my own challenge, and appreciative of the support the family has received from Macmillan. Our thoughts and good wishes are with you and your family Jim, keep on running.

To check out his amazing story use the link www.facebook.com/10kx365

Tomorrows another day, so bring on Parkrun in the morning!

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev



No comments:

Post a Comment