Saturday 10 August 2013

215/365 Go Go Go in Gozo 4 miles by Big Kev

215/365 Go Go Go in Gozo 4 miles by Big Kev


Gozo is an hour ahead of the UK meaning that it feels like I have had an extra hour in bed, so getting up early is not a problem. Plus with temperatures in the early thirties, the best time to run in Gozo is first thing. This has two benefits. Firstly the only other people out before 7:00am have a similar idea or are heading off to work, so the roads are quiet and hassle free. Secondly the temperature is not much above 20 degrees and is just about bearable.

The route I have run many times takes me around the north coast of the island, from Marsalforn to Reqqa Point. I pass many of the dive sites that are famous to the island such as the double arch reef, Xwenji Bay and Billinghurst cave. The sea was flat calm and the visibility was great, above and below the sea. I was able to recce our dive site for the day (Xwenji Bay) and the open water students were in store for a treat! All too soon however, I needed to head back as the temperature was soaring and it was beginning to become hard work.

I am loving todays route profile as it shows that todays run is along the border of the Mediterranean sea. The rest of the days activities will be in the Mediterranean, result.

Lets see how the students enjoy the rest of their day.


Big Kev



No comments:

Post a Comment