Thursday 22 August 2013

234/365 A day of 'almosts!' 5K by Big Kev

234/365 A day of 'almosts!' 5K by Big Kev

An odd day today, as it says in the title, it has been a day that never quite got finished. This started right from the word go this morning. I had intended to get 3 tyres on the truck changed today, but for lots of reasons I have now opted to do all 4. However the tyre ninja that is Nigel Wedlake only had 3 available today. Then at work and without going into specifics every job seemed to be "almost" finished! This is not a criticism of work, it's just a reality at the moment with such a high workload and demand on our time.

I therefore had decided prior to my normal Thursday run home from Redland, that I would focus on a tempo run and at least getting one job finished! Ha, what chance did I have? Did I not pay any attention to the previous events of the day! So I get out of the car at the Tennis club in Redland, to check to see if anyone had handed in/found my white sunwise sunglasses (yesterdays hiccup). However, only to find that my ineptitude continued and I had made my way there, turned on my iPod and then looked at my wrist to note that my Garmin watch was not there! It was quite comfortably sat in my running bag at home, some 4 miles away, Doh! Just before Tina drove away I was able to flag her down, so at least I didn't need to run home (unlogged) and then run again.

So, with all this done and with the watch returned to my wrist, the only run I was going to complete tonight was a fast one, bugger.

Tomorrow's run will be first thing and slow, decision made.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment