Saturday 10 August 2013

217/365 Hot, hot, hot 5K by Big Kev

217/365 Hot, hot, hot 5K by Big Kev


I kept to the same route as the last 3 days as I am starting to feel the benefits of all of this heat training. I also had the benefit of a slightly early night and arose half an hour later than normal. I was therefore keen to make sure that I could run in the heat and it topped 29 degrees for the run this morning, but I kept the pace up and the legs kept working. Considering all the conditions, the terrain and the exertions on the body I was very pleased with a 22 min 5K. I am also begin to work hard on my wetsuit tan!!!

After spending what seemed like a longer time cooling down than I actually did running, I finally made it to the shower. We had already agreed the dive plans for the day and it was now just a case of meeting at the dive centre to collect tanks and kit. We were then off to spend the day in, on and under the sea at Mgarr ix-Xini. The group have bonded excellently and I can now concentrate on James and the completion of his Advanced Open Water course.

The two dives both brought with them treasure (of a sort) and we now have new toys to play with!

I may try a different route for the run tomorrow, just to mix things up.


Big Kev



No comments:

Post a Comment