Sunday 11 August 2013

222/365 A quick loop of home 5K by Big Kev

222/365 A quick loop of home 5K by Big Kev

After a long day of travelling yesterday my plan was to just enjoy today's recovery run around my favoured Leigh Woods loop. Well, I set off nice and relaxed up hill and then I ended up just going quicker and quicker. I am sure the inadvertent heat training of the week before helped and I finished up clocking a sub 21 min 5K, very happy.

My thoughts are already starting to turn to the half marathon season ahead and I am thinking I need to start to increase the mileage over the next few weeks to see what sort of pace I can carry through. I am also aware that the week ahead will provide a massive milestone as 1000 miles is on the horizon. With this milestone ahead my thoughts are now turning to possibly completing this challenge and how best to celebrate it and the support I have received from family, friends and Macmillan.

I will over the next few days be increasing the promotion of this wonderful challenge and the arrangements for the event at the end of the year. So keep on reading, sharing and contributing.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev


No comments:

Post a Comment