Saturday 9 March 2013

Jack: Day 256/365...A long one!

Today I decided to set off and treat myself to the longest run of my challenge so far! I stuck some new music on my i-phone, pulled on my favourite running gear and left the flat to explore Glasgow.  I planned on doing a 16 mile run but had no real idea of a route. I knew that I wanted to take some of the route off-road in order to protect my knees and so headed straight for Pollock Park. I completed a nice lap of the park on the grass and then decided to head into town and along the river to see what I could find. I hit the Clyde at around the 12 km mark and so made my way along the riverside for a few kilometres. Once I hit the riverside museum I turned back and targeted Glasgow Green. From here I headed home with a short detour around Queen's Park to ensure I hit my desired mileage. The run was a good one although I the last couple of miles were a struggle. I managed to maintain a strong pace however and was pleased to complete the run in 1 hr 48 mins. This would put me on track for my sub-3 hr marathon come May. It's just the final 10 miles that I have to worry about now!

256 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment