Tuesday 26 March 2013

83/365 Downs to Home 6.5 Miles by Big Kev

83/365 Downs to Home 6.5 Miles by Big Kev 

Well after the panic of Saturday and the Forest of Dean being postponed, one message to facebook was all that was need to get organised for today. The supportive ladies of GWR rallied around as it was Cat Mills birthday and the trip to FOD was also meant to be a bit of a jolly. So with a time and distance agreed we all set off into the cold. I had for the first mile anyway, got used to being outside in the cold this year, but turning into the wind reminded me that wind chill really does mean chill! With intermittent stops to regroup I made my own executive decision to cut the run short, especially as I was only a mile from home when I made the choice. I remember coming into the warm and instantly getting an ice cream headache and taking the next hour to recover. With no time to sit on my laurels it was back out in the cold to collect the laptop after it had allegedly been fixed, only to find out it wasn't ready and wouldn't be ready until Monday!

Some days you should just stay inside! Oh I almost forgot can't do that on this challenge.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment