Saturday 30 March 2013

89/365 New PB at Park Run 5k by Big Kev

89/365 New PB at Park Run 5k by Big Kev

After yesterday's hilly run I had said to myself that I would go easy, who am I kidding!! Oh yeah myself as everyone else knows me better.

I love Park Run and the Ashton Court event, it is almost 2 years old and I have had a side bet with myself that I would try and get a PB this year. My PB had been 20:02 and a sub 20 minute run has been on my card for almost as long as it has been going. With a lighter week with regards to miles I am sure it made the difference and I now the very proud owner of a 19:55 5K. No whilst this did not challenge for the lead and that I have run the 5K distance faster elsewhere, no other 5K is as challenge (in my opinion) or as breathtaking (quite literally) from the top of Ashton court.

With the run done, finished and packed away by 9:30am the rest of the day has been for the family. My Sister and her lovely family came in for lunch and then we visited my as lovely Aunt Anne who is still fighting and laughing in St Peters hospice in Bristol. She is one of the reasons why I am out running everyday and she had nothing but good words to say about the support she has had from everyone around her, especially the Macmillan Nurses.

Please give generously if you can as they do everyday.

www.justgiving.com/kevin-caple

Big Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment