Friday 15 March 2013

Jack: Day 266-268/365...Red Nose Day!

On Wednesday morning I was performing my standard 6:00am shuffle along the main road when I turned a corner to find a beautiful 4x4 up in flames! The car looked almost new and must have only been burning for a couple of minutes when I arrived on the scene. The flames must have been a  good 10ft high and the car was really going! It was fortunate that a car had pulled over at the time of my arrival and the driver called the fire brigade. I continued with my run and saw the flames being extinguished on my return.

Thursday's run was less dramatic and was a simple 5k along the road.

On Friday it was Comic Relief and I had a few things to organise in the morning for school. Namely a change of clothes as I was scheduled to receive a soaking in the 'sponge a teacher for charity' event. I took an absolute beasting (which was made worse by the fact that I forgot to take a change of shoes and so was in my socks). The first half a dozen buckets of warm water were absolutely fine, it was when a bucket of icy cold water appeared out of nowhere that I really got a shock. The load was emptied right over my head and the shock was incredible! Fortunately I managed to contain any expletives and the day ended with no real harm done. We raised a lot of money for charity and so it was all worth it in the end! This evening I had a gentle jog up to Wholefoods and then back to Morrison's in order to prepare a lunch for tomorrow's Deerstalker outing! Exciting times ahead!

266 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
267 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
268 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment