Sunday 18 November 2012

Jack: Day 151/365...Where did all the colours go?

Today I decided to take a leisurely Sunday jog around Queen's Park. It was a nice crisp morning with plenty of others out walking and running in the park. As I embarked on my jog I really noticed how rare it is that I get to run in the daylight nowadays. With most of my jogs being evening adventures I had barely noticed the drastically different scenery to that of only a few weeks ago. It has not been long since I posted pictures of the trees in the park emblazoned with rich reds and bright golds and the paths littered with a multitude of colours. Today running through the very same park was a completely different matter. The same pathway that I had crunched along previously was now just soggy beneath my feet and the trees were bare. Any remaining leaves on the path had long lost their colour and faded to a dull brown. With a few of the evergreens still maintaining their leaves the park was sprinkled with some variation however this will soon change as the snow arrives! Some of the puddles in the park today had iced over and it is only a matter of time before the entire park is covered white. Before embarking on this challenge I was attracted to the idea that I would see the gradual change of scenery as I experienced a good twenty minutes of exposure to the elements every day. I thought I would see the changes coming and so notice any subtle differences on a day to day basis. It came as a surprise then that the alterations still managed to appear out of nowhere. Who knows when the snow will strike! Certainly not me!

151 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details



No comments:

Post a Comment